Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekly Wrap-Up #2


Weekly Wrap Up is a recurring post I will share every Sunday that summarizes all the bookish events from the past week. It's more of a diary entry for me than an interesting post for my followers, but I like the idea of being able to look back in a few years and see exactly what happened during a specific week on my blog. So, here we go!


POSTS

Top Ten Places Mentioned In Books That I’d Like to Visit
Waiting on Wednesday #68
{Review} The Summer After You & Me by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

DIARY ENTRY

This week I felt like I was finally finding my bearings. I worked on a bunch of posts for the future, sent out some emails with ARC requests, and am currently working with a couple authors to bring back my Young Adult Debut Promotions post. I really like that aspect of blogging, for some reason. I enjoy organizing and coordinating with different people and producing something from all that time and work. It's fun to me.

I also realized most of my posts are memes and don't have much substance, and from the outside my blog looks kind of superficial (in my opinion). So that motivated me to try and change it up and add new posts, which lead to trying to bring back YADP. I know it will take time until I can get my blog back to where I want it, but I'm going through the process.

I would really like to post more reviews, because that is the content I'm most proud of, spend the most time on, and is the whole point of this blog, but they just don't generate traffic. That's my goal right now, to get people on my blog. I would keep posting even if no one looked at my posts, just because I enjoy the process, but it would be nice if I could gain a decent following again. Also, I don't know how long I'll want to keep reading and reviewing so I'm trying to hoard my reviews and space them out so I can cover any reading slumps I fall into.

I have a bunch of posts scheduled that won't be seen for months, but it still feels good to know I have my shit in order. This was a really long, hard week for me. I'm used to working 40 hours a week and doing manual labor, but at this point I've worked four of the six straight days I'm currently scheduled and I'm dead. But it feels good? I always enjoyed that exhausted feeling you get when you've pushed your body and done work.

I wasn't able to hit up my Barnes & Noble this week (my bank account was very grateful) because I haven't really had a free day and I'm just exhausted. I read every day in my car during my breaks which makes for slow progress, but I enjoy it.

I'm proud of myself for making time to keep up with this blog. I think I really want it this time. In the past I'd get really excited and have these big plans for the future of the site, and then I'd lose interest in a week. But I think this might be sustainable, at least for the foreseeable future. That makes me really happy.

What were you guys up to this week?
Link me up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates