Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Top Ten Standalone Books That Need a Sequel

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I never realized until I started looking for books to add to this list just how many series there are. There are not many stand-alone books out there anymore, and while I love me a good, drawn-out series, it makes this list very hard to compile. I think there is something to be said for stand-alone books. Not every story has to be long and drawn out. Sometimes I like a good stand-alone book. Less commitment lol. But the problem is, most of the books I've read in my life are from four or five years ago and I don't remember what the hell they were about. So, that being said, here is my (too short) list:

ParallelThe End GamesThe Dark LightThis is Not a Test (This is Not a Test, #1)

#1: Parallel by Lauren Miller
This book is like chic-lit, but on steroids. It had the drama of a contemporary book and the interesting, complex setting of a sci-fi book. It was really good, and I became really invested in a certain couple and wanted to see more of them. That would be the only reason I would want a sequel, but I also liked the book just how it was.

#2: The End Games by T. Michael Martin
I read this book so many years ago and honestly have no idea what it was about but apparently I liked it enough to rate it 4 stars but not enough to keep it on my bookshelf??? I don't even know. I guess I would want a sequel...if I could remember what happened in the book.

#3: The Dark Light by Sara Walsh
I also read this years and years ago and also don't remember exactly what it was about...but I know I loved it so much and I had a poster of it hanging up for years. I checked Sara Walsh's Goodreads page recently and this was the only book she ever wrote, so I would love to see her write another book, especially a sequel.

#4: This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
I don't remember what happens in this book, but I do know it was a hauntingly beautiful zombie story. Absolutely amazing book and I would only want a sequel because I wouldn't want to stop reading Summers' beautiful writing.

What books are in your top ten?
Link me up!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Those are totally new to me ones! I always like to think there's hope for a sequel! Meg Cabot wrote one to my all time favorite series of hers like 10 years after it "ended" the first time, so I know anything's possible. But that annoying waiting kills!! Lol!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Not a Test does sound like a good story.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates