Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday #68

This is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlites upcoming new releases that we're highly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Perfect Assassin (The Chronicles of Ghadid #1)
The Perfect Assassin by K.A. Doore
Chronicles of Ghadid #1
Release Date: March 19, 2019
Publisher: Tor Books

A novice assassin is on the hunt for someone killing their own in K. A. Doore's The Perfect Assassin, a breakout high fantasy beginning the Chronicles of Ghadid series.

Divine justice is written in blood.

Or so Amastan has been taught. As a new assassin in the Basbowen family, he’s already having second thoughts about taking a life. A scarcity of contracts ends up being just what he needs.

Until, unexpectedly, Amastan finds the body of a very important drum chief. Until, impossibly, Basbowen’s finest start showing up dead, with their murderous jaan running wild in the dusty streets of Ghadid. Until, inevitably, Amastan is ordered to solve these murders, before the family gets blamed.

Every life has its price, but when the tables are turned, Amastan must find this perfect assassin or be their next target. 

I was on the hunt for debut authors to feature in my Young Adult Debut Promotions posts and I came across this gem of a book. I have come to realize that I love complex fantasy stories, and bonus if there are assassins and kick-ass fighting included. This book looks like it's right up my alley, and I don't even have to wait long to get my grubby little hands on it.

What book are you waiting on?
Link me up!!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh this is the first I've heard of this, but it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your search paid off. This does look like a good one. I love assassins. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of this book! Will definitely check it out! =)

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates