Sunday, February 24, 2019

Weekly Wrap-Up #1


Weekly Wrap Up is a recurring post I will share every Sunday that summarizes all the bookish events from the past week. I like the idea of being able to look back in a few years and see exactly what happened during a specific week on my blog. Here we go!

PURCHASED BOOKS


A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes #2)
On my days off, I've made a habit of driving into town, going to the Barnes & Noble, and sitting on the floor with my java chip frappuccino, flipping through a bunch of new books. I've found several that I couldn't stop reading, sitting on that hard floor until my butt was numb. When that happens, I purchase them. I've found several new, awesome books that way, but this one I didn't sample, I just purchased because I liked the first book so much.

POSTS

Top Ten Books I LOVED with Fewer than 2,000 Ratings on Goodreads
Waiting on Wednesday #67
{Review} Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

This was my first week back at blogging. It came out of nowhere, I certainly wasn't expecting it, but I hope it lasts. My blog isn't getting as much traffic as it used to, but it's okay. Honestly, I brought this blog back for myself. It's something I used to really love doing, and still love. It's crazy to look back in my archives and see everything I used to post and do. I'm honestly impressed with my younger self.

I have started to reach out to authors and publishers though, trying to get some ARCs or copies for review. Being a business major, the professional side of blogging really intrigues me. I don't want to burn myself out and ruin the joy of reading a book simply to read it, but it would be nice to have a couple planned reviews.

I'm not trying to recreat what I used to do on this blog by any means, I don't think I could handle that much pressure, but I do want to share some thoughts I have, if I have them. So if you're reading this and you want to stick around, thank you. I would love to have you.

What were you guys up to this week?
Link me up!!

1 comment:

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates