Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#28)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it. You just have to do is:
(1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Graceling, by Kristin Cashore

#1: " Katsa set out with Oll and a convoy of soldiers.  When the soldiers caught the underlord, they dragged him to the square of the nearest village, where a scattering of startled people watched, slack jawed.  Katsa instructedthe soldiers to make the man kneel.  In one motion she snapped his neck.  There was no blood; there was no more than an instant's pain."

#2: "She sprang to her feet and swung at his jaw with the side of her hand.  She lessened the force of the blow only at the last instant, when she realized he hadn't raised his arm to block her.  Her hand hit his face with a sickening crack.  She watched, horrified, as his chair toppled backward and his head slammed against the floor.  She'd hit him hard.  She knew she'd hit him hard.  And he hadn't defended himself."



What's your teaser this Tuesday?
Link me up!!

13 comments:

  1. Interesting! I haven't seen this book around but I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine :
    http://melaniesrandomthoughts-melanie.blogspot.ca/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-review-vast-fields-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really need to start on this series! And the teasers are too much to handle.

    Great teasers! :)

    My TT:
    http://wishingonashootingstarreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Graceling! You're making me want to go back and re-read it. I need to, anyway, so I can read Fire and then Bitterblue. Great teasers!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser from Unspoken. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this book for a while! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. D: Wow at the #1. Katsa seemed powerful!

    I need to start the series soon! Thanks for visiting!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been on my TBR for so long, I really need to pick it up ~ Thanks for the Tease!

    ~Ali
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!
    I have Graceling. Started it once but haven't picked it up in so long...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! Awesome teaser, I'm so in love with this series :D Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! Love Graceling! Katsa is so kickass, especially in those teasers. :)

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to read this one for a long time. Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tease! Katsa sounds bad ass. Definitely need to give this a try someday. Heard so many great things about it. Thanks for stopping by My TT!

    And yes I would recommend finishing the VA series before starting the Bloodlines series. It will give you a better understanding of the characters and what Adrian has been through. Both are excellent series well worth reading! Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Graceling has been been on my itching for pile since forever...need to pick it up asap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Emily,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier this week and leaving such a nice comment on my TT post. I have been wanting to read Graceling for sometime now but never got around to it. How did you like the book?

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates