Saturday, March 16, 2013

{Review} Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton

Shadows in the Silence
by Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire #3
Pages: 469
Release Date: January 29, 2013
by Katherine Tegen Books (an imprint of Harper)

Goodreads / Purchase
Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.And Ellie must save herself.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.


I AM SO FREAKING SAD!  THIS SERIES IS OVER! *cries in a corner*.  This is the bad thing about absolutely loving a series: it ends.  This book was amazing, and this series really couldn’t have ended a better way.  I absolutely loved this book!  After the cliffhanger at the ending of Wings of the Wicked, I wasn’t sure what Moulton would do with the beginning of this one, but she picked up right where book two left off, which I really liked.  The beginning kind of irritated me because I couldn’t understand why Ellie didn’t have a huge sense of urgency (if you’ve read the book you’ll know what I’m talking about) but after that this book was a thrill-ride.  Moulton’s writing was absolutely flawless as usual, and the story line was fast-paced, with the ending a groundbreaking thriller.  Moulton is a freaking magician!

One of the reasons I’m so sad to see this series go is Will.  That man – OH MY GOD!!  Words cannot describe how awesome he is – as in hot, sexy, smoking, smoldering…and just perfect.  He was so kick-ass, sweet, and nice to Ellie, and really I would love a guy like him.  I also really liked Ellie in this book.  I remember in Wings of the Wicked I was really annoyed with her for messing with Will, but she completely redeemed herself in this book.  I still had a bit of a problem with her being selfish (those of you who have read this will know what I’m talking about) but that was only a minor thing.  She was fierce, strong, kick-butt, and a very strong character, and I really liked how she and Will acted around each other, and the romance in this book.  I don’t think it’s possible to talk about the characters in this book without at least mentioning Caden.  In a word, I really respect him.  He is such a cool guy, so nice, and he’s in a really painful position but he handles it very well.  He is so sweet and nice you can’t even describe how sweet and nice he is.

And now that I’ve written this review, my life is over.  Because there isn’t another Angelfire book coming out.  And no more Will.  Haha just kidding I own the entire series so I can read about Will whenever I want to.  But this series was just so amazing, each book action packed, fast-paced, and romantic, with a lot of kick-ass fighting going on in between.  I highly recommend this series!


5 pink flowers


The Angelfire series:

Check out my review of Angelfire, here.
Check out my review of Wings of the Wicked, here.





Sorry, I couldn't resist posting some pics! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates