Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Review: Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton

Wings of the Wicked
by Courtney Allison Moulton
Series: Angelfire #2
Release Date: February 23, 2012
by Katherine Tegen Books

Add on Goodreads
Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.


After reading and loving Angelfire about a year ago, I was super-excited to read this one.  It started off kind of iffy, and I wasn’t sure if I would like it.  Then Moulton kicked it into high gear and wrote like I knew she could, and it was amazing.

This book was rockin’.  Non-stop action, great plot, and yummy romance.  Moulton went right into it, starting off with a fight scene.  The only thing was, it wasn’t very well written.  She didn’t describe the scene very well, and it wasn’t just that singe scene, there were fight scenes throughout the book that were badly describe.  Another thing that really bothered me was when Ellie, Will, and their gang first found out that the bad guys were looking for something.  To be more precise, it was one of the things they needed to take over the world.  Now, if I was to ask you where you would hide the most important object in the world, you would probably say somewhere really safe, like, say…Fort Knox.  Well, guess where this all-important object was hidden.  An apartment.  With one guard.  Somehow I fail to agree with this.

Other than those two things, I really enjoyed this book.  The writing was really good, ok at times, but good.  The staging was awesome, and the story line twisted in ways I had no idea about.  I literally gasped out loud at some things, especially a certain sad event (don’t worry, it doesn’t have anything to do with Will, if that’s what you’re thinking).  And OMG, that ending.  Why do you do this to me Moulton?  Imagine the biggest cliffhanger ever, and multiply it by ten.  And let me tell you Moulton, it better all work out in the third book, because, I swear…anyway.  I won’t tell you guys any more, but people who have read the book understand what I’m talking about.

The characters in this book were a real problem for me.  I’m going to go through them, then discuss something that really bothered me.
You guys have heard me rant on and on about my all-time favorite guys (Duval, Dean, Sam, Valek).  Well, you guys are going to start hearing me rant about Will, because he is my new true love.  Seriously, this guy is perfect.  Kick-ass, super cute, sexy, yummy and…oh gosh.  Just dump Ellie and come with me, man! :P
And, while I’m on the subject of Ellie, I’m going to talk about her a bit.  She was super kick-butt, fierce, and a perfect lead female character.
Now comes the part where I talk about the problem I had, and the reason I’m mentioning it here is because it has to do with the characters and the romance.  What I just said about the characters was the positive.  Now comes the negative.  Ellie is, for lack of a better word, a bitch.  She treats Will like shit, and I hate it.  She hits him, shuns him, ignores him, and is an all-around beeotch to him.  What I don’t understand is, why doesn’t Will dump her ass?  Forgive the language, but I mean, seriously?!  No one deserves to be treated like Will, especially not nice, hot, sexy, smoking Will.   That just really, really bothered me.

All in all, this book was really good.  The romance was perfect when Ellie wasn’t being a brat and Will wasn’t being a doormat, so I really enjoyed that.  And seriously, if Moulton doesn’t start the third book like I want her to, I will throw a tantrum.  This book had the biggest cliffhanger of the century, and I swear, Moulton better make it work.


5 PINK FLOWERS

1 comment:

  1. I have this book in my TBR pile, so maybe I'll read it next :) (I just read Angelfire, and enjoyed it, but wanted to take a break from the series.)

    Awesome review!

    Megan @ Bookworm in Love

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates