Thursday, January 19, 2012

Review: Carrier of the Mark

Author: Leigh Fallon
Series: Carrier Trilogy #1
Pages: 342
Format: Paperback
Rating: 1/5

Summery:
From the moment she sets foot at her new school in Ireland, Megan is inexplicably drawn to the darkly handsome Adam DeRis. But Megan soon discovers that her feelings for Adam are tied to a supernatural fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that unites them could be their ultimate destruction.

Review:
Leigh Fallon.  I really, really hate to be mean, but if you don't take criticism well, please don't read this review.  I hate bashing authors and I hate it even more if they read it and hate me.

I was so excited about this book.  I thought it would be amazing.  I even bought it!  What a waste of money.  I didn't even finish it.

I hate ripping authors.  I don't enjoy criticizing their hard work.  So it's going to be hard to write this review without seeming down-right mean.  I respect Leigh Fallon for making something happen, for putting her work on Inkpop to try and get it published.  But, honestly, I don't see how it was.  In the beginning I loved it.  It had a really great story line, a really good idea.  Then Adam made his entrance, and from then on I hated it.  The dude is just creepy.  I like nothing about him.  I can't explain why, but he just doesn't seem right to me.  And the writing.  The writing wasn't very good.  It was choppy, disconnected, and didn't flow AT ALL.  And the romance.  Where the heck did that come from?!  One second Megan is walking into a school and the next she's making out with Adam.  The romance is supposed to grow and be sweet and slow.  This one was like *snap fingers* that.

My favorite character in the whole book would have to be Caitlin, because she was the least creepiest, the least shallow, and the one with the most personality.
I hated Megan.  She was sappy, shallow, and weak.
Like I said earlier, I hate Adam.

All in all, I won't be buying the next book but I will read it because I really, really, really want Leigh Fallon to redeem herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates