Friday, January 20, 2012

ARC Review: Social Suicide

Author: Gemma Halliday
Series: Deadly Cool #2
Format: ARC
Source: Gemma Halliday
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Twittercide [twit-er-sahyd]: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went...a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the Homecoming Queen-hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos...


Review:
Wow.  This book is amazing.  I don't usually like mystery books, but this book is something special.  It's hard to write long reviews for books you love so this one will probably be super short.

I loved it.  That's really all I can say.  It had a great story line, was hilarious, and the writing was amazing.  The characters were great, it all worked perfectly together.  In Deadly Cool I wrote in my review that the motive for the killer was kind of lame.  Well, this one wasn't.  It was a great motive, and I loved the ending.  The rescue of Hartley was great too.  I won't say too much because you all have to read it. Some of my favorite parts in the book is when she gets all dressed up because she thinks Chase asked her out.:p

I loved Hartley.  She was funny, kick-ass, and smart.
I think I have a crush on Chase.  He's cute, sexy, and totally swoon-worthy.  The whole book I felt like yelling "Ask Hartley out!!"
I know this character isn't huge in this book, but he was just so funny I have to mention him.  I loved Connor.  He was so funny, stuck-up, and clueless.  I loved that Gemma Halliday wrote him like that.

All in all, I absolutely love this series.  It's my favorite of all time and I really hope Gemma Halliday writes another book for it.

Huge thanks to Gemma Halliday for sending me a pdf of this book.  I really appreciate it.  It's one of my favorites ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates