Thursday, July 18, 2013

{Review} Reboot by Amy Tintera

Reboot
by Amy Tintera
Series: Reboot #1
Pages: 365
Release Date: May 7, 2013
by HarperTeen

Goodreads / Purchase
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation). Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.
The perfect soldier is done taking orders.


Gosh, it’s so hard to start reviews sometimes.  I just don’t know what to say!  So I’ll just jump right in.  The idea for Reboots was really great, and I feel like Tintera finished off the great idea with a great love story, story line, and writing.  The romance and action swirled together perfectly, but to be honest the book seemed kind of pointless.  I would have liked a bit more world building and explanation about the relationship between Reboots and humans.  This book was kind of like Divergent for me, in that it was kind of pointless, and most of the book was focused on romance and training or initiation.  I did enjoy the story and the action and romance, and the ending especially, but the middle was just kind of a fill-in.  There weren’t any major twists and the story was just simple.  But enjoyable.

Even with the simple story, these characters were FREAKING AWESOME!  I loved Wren’s character.  She was so messed up, and I loved how Callum, the love interest, came in and changed her.  The romance was so well done, and it was so cute and beautifully built and grown.  I TOTALLY SHIP THEM!  Ship name: Wrallum.  Oh yeah!  Callum was a great love interest because he is the kind of guy that I like.  He was funny, cute, had a ton of personality, he was easygoing, but also very passionate about his beliefs, and very nice.  I loved Wren’s character because of how much she grew over the course of the story and developed and became more HUMAN.  [SPOILER: That was her problem for most of the book: she felt like she was too far gone and not human.  It was so heartbreaking to see her so sad over not being able to cry, but I loved how Callum came in and took care of her. ] This romance was just all-around perfect.


This is by no means a bad book.  It’s actually very enjoyable! I kind of loved it because of the romance mostly, but the story and ending is also very good, so I would definitely recommend picking this book up!


4 pink flowers

3 comments:

  1. My sister loved this one too! She gushed about it so much (and loved the romance like you) that I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up in the future. Have you seen the cover change? The model looks kind of alien-esque, which is strange. I'm not sure which one I like better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I didn't know there was a cover change! I FREAKING HATE WHEN PUBLISHERS DO THAT! I thought this cover was really good! Ugh. Anyway, I'm so glad you sister liked this one too. I definitely recommend you read it! :)

      Delete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates