Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ultimate Book Tag!!

Hey everyone!  So I know I don't usually do these kinds of post, but I saw Sincerely, Steph's post and I was like, This is so freaking cool!  So I've decided to do it!!  And it was started by Megan on Goodreads!!!




Questions:
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, not usually.  As long as I'm not driving on windy back-roads

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?Tahereh Mafi's.  Her writing style is so unique because she'll write something and then cross it off like this  and then will keep on writing.  Anyone who has read her books knows what I mean

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter!! Reason #1: it's Harry Potter.  Reason #2: Awesome writing and so complex but so good.  Reason #3: it's freaking Harry Potter, and amazing

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
No actually I don't.  I homeschool so I don't need to carry a bag around ;P

5. Do you smell your books?
Sometimes...

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without!  Illustrations kind of bug me because I'll be reading and telling myself not to look at the illustration, and then I do and I lose my place and get distracted.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress.  Not the best writing, but soo entertaining!

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
No not really.  I'm not very exciting :P

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Clarity by Kim Harrington (only 241 pages.  But it's the paperback format)

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Inside by Maria V. Snyder (reading right now!)  It's actually a two-novels-in-one-book kind of book, so if I was to say the biggest one book it's The Diviners by Libba Bray.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Yes I do!  I've completed two very bad "books" (if you can call them that) and I'm working on a contemorary right now so...yeah, I'd love to be a published author!

12. When did you get into reading?
I don't acutally know.  It's just always been something I've done.  I guess since I'm homeschooled and don't have the social life of a regular school person, and don't have the huge amount of stuff to do, I had to find a way to pass the time.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  I actually read this one when I was 10 or 11 and absolutely loved it.  And I was really proud of myself because it's huge and has really small writing and I picked it up on my own, my parents didn't even tell me to :P

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Uuum, aren't they kind of the same?  IDK cuz I'm homeschooled, but I'm good at both.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
I would probably take it and try to exchange it, or give it to a friend.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Well, I have two actually.  #1: The Study Series by Maria V. Snyder.  BEST SERIES EVER!!  And #2: Healer Series by Maria V. Snyder.  M.V.S. is the best writer I've ever read!

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I forget to do spell-check, and I don't re-read my reviews before publishing them, so there's usually some kind of spelling effor or something lol.  And I ramble and get off topic.

18. What is your favorite word?Right now, either attractive or hot.  If you read my reviews you know I love a hot fictional guy ;P

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?Nerd.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires.  I'm not really a fan of fay books.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?Hmmmm that's a hard one.  I'm going to cheat and say both...because both are usually REALLY hot ;P
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves.  I've never read a book with spirits in it.

23. Zombies or Vampires?
I am the biggest wimp you will ever find, I've only ever read TWO zombie books in my 14 years, and I will admit, when it came to go to bed, it didn't go very well.  So, vampires.  Although I'm not really a fan of vams either...unless they're Dimitri ;P (if you don't know who Dimitri is...I can't help you)

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Forbidden love.  Usually when there's a love triangle I'm annoyed with the girl because she's basically torturing each guy and going between them whenever she wants.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes.  That's why I love the Study series and the Healer series and Grave Mercy!  They have kick-ass main characters, hot guys, and tons of action!



Okay so that is the tag!!  Now I tag all of you to go do it!!  This is the first tag I've ever done and it was so fun!!!!!
Peace out! <3

5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were writing a book! I really hope I'll be able to read it someday! This was a lot fun. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay i'm glad you did this! I love tags :) I really have to read some of Maria V. Synder's books I keep seeing them everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I'm really homeschooled, LOL. And I have yet to read Harry Potter...or any books by Maria V. Snyder! She sounds like a super cool author, though! Anywho, thanks for doing this-- I'd never heard of it before, and it was totally fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, awesome tag! I did it too! :)
    I wish I were home-schooled. I'd have more time to read, then! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on action packed books. Hehe and the nerd thing Here's my tag: My Tag

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates