Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#27): The Peculiars


This is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlites upcoming new releases that we're highly anticipating.


This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Peculiars, by Maureen Doyle McQuerry

Release Date: May 1, 2012
Publisher: Amulet Books

This dark and thrilling adventure, with an unforgettable heroine, will captivate fans of steampunk, fantasy, and romance. On her 18th birthday, Lena Mattacascar decides to search for her father, who disappeared into the northern wilderness of Scree when Lena was young. Scree is inhabited by Peculiars, people whose unusual characteristics make them unacceptable to modern society. Lena wonders if her father is the source of her own extraordinary characteristics and if she, too, is Peculiar. On the train she meets a young librarian, Jimson Quiggley, who is traveling to a town on the edge of Scree to work in the home and library of the inventor Mr. Beasley. The train is stopped by men being chased by the handsome young marshal Thomas Saltre. When Saltre learns who Lena’s father is, he convinces her to spy on Mr. Beasley and the strange folk who disappear into his home, Zephyr House. A daring escape in an aerocopter leads Lena into the wilds of Scree to confront her deepest fears.

What do you guys think?  And what are you waiting on?

8 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for commenting! And thanks for following too! I'm glad you like my blog :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my shelf...I need to read it soon, though, cause it sounds AWESOME! Great pick!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...new title to me. I like steampunk. Is is just me or are those the creepiest wings ever? LOL Thanks for the share.

    http://leavemommyalone.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-5-crown-of-embers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I've seen this one around lately, and I cannot decide if it is a read that I would enjoy... will have to borrow it to find out, lol!
    Hope you get it soon! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard s o many good things about this book! And it's not long to wait now! Are you excited?!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW!
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOO excited about this! I can't wait for it to come out! :)

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I'll be adding this to my TBR for sure !!

    P.s just wanted to let u know also that I use intense debate for my comments not the blogger comments.... Thanks

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates