Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review: Fever

Author: Lauren DeStefano
Series: The Chemical Garden Trilogy #2
Pages: 341
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind. 

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness. 

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.



Review:

I must admit, I didn't come into this book thinking I would like it.  I read Wither a while ago and it was okay for me, but this book...this book is something special.

I loved it.  Loved loved loved it.  The writing, the story line, the characters, everything, it was all perfect.  Although it was boring at some times, I still really loved the series of events that lead to the climax, which is what should happen in any book.  The adventure was great, and the writing topped everything off and really made this book wonderful.

In the first book I wasn't really a big fan of Gabriel.  Well, I am now.  Love love love love him.  He's so sweet and caring and sexy and just PERFECT!  Why oh why can't he be real!?
I also really really liked Rhine.  She was such a strong character, one of the strongest I've ever read about.  She was smart, kick-ass, and strong.
And, of course, I have to mention the little cute baby in this book, Maddie.  I really liked her.  Although she couldn't speak she had personality, and I think DeStefano did a great job developing her.

Before I sign off I have to say one more thing.  I hate this cover.  It looks like she drugged out.  After the amazing cover that was Wither this one really disappoints.  But, that isn't a big enough thing to make me hate this amazing book! :p

1 comment:

  1. I desperately need to make time to read Fever. I loved Wither last year and had planned to read Fever as soon as it was released, but I still haven't gotten to it yet. it's interesting that you liked Fever better than Wither, though, because I've seen the opposite sentiment from most of the reviews I've read. Glad you loved it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates