Wednesday, January 8, 2014

{Review} The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Pages: 452
Release Date: September 27, 2011
by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Goodreads / Purchase
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.




I couldn’t figure out this book. The entire time I was reading I was trying to figure out what on earth was making Mara do what she did and it was killing me. I have to give huge props to Michelle Hodkin for writing a story as engaging and interesting as this one. I basically loved pretty much everything about this book. The mystery, the characters, the writing, the story. The setting was introduced very well and the staging throughout for what was going on was fabulous ,especially the staging. The staging for the actual story line, like how Mara figures out what she is, is kind of too easy, but oh well. The writing was engaging and flowing and humorous, and I loved it. The ending was killer! I was literally just sitting on my front porch gasping and gesturing at my book in plain view of my neighbors haha. But I didn't care, I'm a book nerd.
This cast...wow. I'm just trying to think of a sexier love interest than Noah Shaw, and I'm finding it very hard. It's weird to say that a fictional character has sex appeal...but he does. And he's British, which, in my opinion, makes you 60% sexier. Yes, 60%. exactly ;P Basically Noah is amazing, sexy, perfect, ugh. I want him. I loved Mara as well. I loved her spunk, personality, sass, and big mouth. She was crazy, yes, but awesome at the same time.
After that ending I need to read the next book like now. Right now!



5 stars


1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm super glad that you liked it. It's one of my all time favorite books/series. I think it's so funny but on a serious level it struck a cord with me. Noah Shaw is so hot.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates