Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: Shatter Me

Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #1
Pages: 338
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Review:
Oh my God.  Oh my God.  I love this book.  When I started it I didn't think I would like it because Tahereh Mafi had this weird way of writing that I wasn't used to, but wow.  I loved it.  This review is going to be really short because this book is so good.

The story line was amazing.  The writing was amazing.  The idea was amazing.  I mean, how did Mafi even think of this?  It's amazing.  And by half-way finished I had finally gotten used to Mafi's writing and actually really enjoyed it because it got the point across better.  I really don't know how to explain it, but it just really, really worked.  I loved the action, I loved the humor, I loved everything.

I LOVE ADAM.  And I'm serious.  I TOTALLY AM IN LOVE WITH ADAM.  He sounds so cute and caring and just the most perfect guy you could think of.  Why, oh why, can't he be real?
I also really liked Juliette.  She was strong, kick-ass, and really got on Warner's nerves, which I loved.
Speaking of Warner, I HATE HIM.  HATE, HATE, HATE HIM.  He is the most evil person I have read about in a long time and I really, really wish Juliette had killed him.
One of the most funny characters I've read in a while is Kenji.  Gosh, this dude is just so funny.  He's so full of himself and gosh, just the comments he makes, they crack me up.

All in all, hands down the best book I've read this year, and probably the best I'll read all year.  Mafi is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates