Friday, February 24, 2012

Review: Bloodrose

Author: Andrea Cremer
Series: Nightshade #3
Pages: 406
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Calla has always welcomed war.

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamanble horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.


Review:
I'm kind of sad this is the last book in the Nightshade series because I actually really enjoyed it.  But I'm also glad I finished it because I got to read Wolfsbane (which I loved) and this book, so it's kind of bitter-sweet.

I have to admit, this book has one of the best story lines I've seen in a while.  There were twist and turns, things I didn't even see coming, and the ending was great.  But it was also really sad (I won't tell).  It had great writing, great action, and another thing I loved about it was the love-triangle.  I know, I know I always say I hate love triangles, but sometimes the book really needs it to make it exciting, and I feel like the love-triangle was perfect for this book.  But what I really liked, and I think Andrea Cremer is a genius for doing this, is Calla putting a hold on both her relationships with Ren and Shay.  It really kept you captivated because she kind of went from one boy to the other, sneaking a private moment, and I LOVED it.

Coming into this book I was totally Team Ren.  I hated Shay because he was so possessive and he just wasn't as sexy as Ren.  But as I read I started liking Shay more and more, until they were about even.  Ren is so sexy and caring, and he really, really loves Calla.  With Shay, I didn't really get those vibes.  But I'm so sad the love-triangle ended like it did (let's just say there wasn't a third person to make it a triangle).

Although I wasn't a huge fan of Nightshade, and Wolfsbane was better, I think that Bloodrose is the best of the series.  And I'm so glad I own it so I can go back and read it again and again whenever I want.

1 comment:

  1. Calla is now stuck between two fights; the one for the world to be rid of the keepers evil magic and the one for her heart. Will the searchers be able to pull of a victory? Will calla choose to be with her destined love or pick her teenage crush? What will become of the pack and Calla's younger brother ansel? Read this intense filled finale to the Nightshade series to find out.

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates