Tuesday, March 11, 2014

{Review} Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Spirit Bound
by Richelle Mead
Series:
Pages:
Release Date:
by Razorbill (an imprint of Penguin)

Goodreads / Purchase
Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.



This series is killing me.  Each book somehow manages to one-up the previous book and twist and turn the series so much.  It’s killing me!
This book was so full of feels, I was an emotional wreck the whole time. [SPOILER:  I honestly wasn’t expecting Dimitri to be turned back until the last book, so I was totally not prepared for him to come back. ] The story keeps on building on itself, and the twist [SPOILER: with Lissa being able to bring back Strigoi ] was amazing.  The action in this book is so good and breathtaking, and the story doesn’t let you go for a second.  When one thing ends, another begins.  Now yes I realize that these books are by no means the best written, but as far as enjoyment goes, they are number one. I am so invested in this series, it’s not even funny.  The world that Mead has managed to create is so complex and interesting, and her story is so complicated and exciting, that you can completely overlook any minor flaws in the writing.  Her writing is by no means bad!  Just not the best haha.

Honestly, it was really painful to see Dimtri in the state he’s in.  He is damaged and feels guilty [SPOILER: from being a Strigoi, and he’s pushing away Rose. ] He is so vulnerable, but still the same sexy confident Dimitri, and I miss him as much as Rose does. He is really affected by [SPOILER: what he did as Strigoi ] and we get to see a much more vulnerable, depressed side to the “Russian God”.

Rose – where do I even begin with her?  She has got to be the most crazy, funny, and entertaining main character I have ever read.  She is so impulsive and annoying (in a good way.  If that makes any sense) and smart-ass, and she never thinks before she talks and she’s so reckless and I absolutely love her.  She is one of my favorite female heroines ever.

I feel like I HAVE to talk about Adrian.  Now, I am TOTALLY Team Dimitri, but Adrian is such a nice, sweet guy.  Even though I don’t ship him and Rose, he really does love her and would do anything for her…I just don’t think he’s going to end up with her.

Also, Richelle Mead, I DO NOT appreciate you ending each book with a cliffhanger.  It’s like I’m spirit user and whenever you write a cliffhanger I lose my mind a bit, just like I would if used my spirit powers.


 5 stars
 


Richelle Mead's other YA books:
 
Bloodlines series (5 and counting books)

1 comment:

  1. Reading your review reminded me of when I read VA... this series is addicting. I liked Adrian better (he was the more interesting character, imo) but I can agree that Rose is incredible.

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates