Sunday, September 1, 2013

{Review} City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls
by Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5
Pages: 535
Release Date: May 8, 2012
by Margaret K. McElderry (an imprint of Simon & Schuster)

Goodreads / Purchase
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon. What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?
Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.




This series just keeps adding to itself. At this point, the world is so well explained and the story is so complex that you really have to concentrate to pick up everything. And this book added so much to the series. A lot of crap went down in this book, and it was absolutely crazy. After the ending of the last book, one big thing had to be fixed or else I was going to throw this book across the room and cry forever (those of you who have read this series know what I'm talking about). And, thankfully, it was all fixed. So great. The writing was, as usual, pretty good. However, I did get kind of annoyed with all the different romances going on, and when Clare would switch points of view and go to Jordan and Maia, who basically had nothing to do with the story. The story line, staging, and explanations for the events were all very well done and very well explained. And omg that ending! Gosh I felt like I couldn't breath as I was reading it. Also, I will forever remember this book because of the last lines of the last page. Best finish ever.



As you all may or may not know, Jace is my fictional boyfriend. I don't care what you say or who tries to take him away from me, he's mine. He's a smart-ass, blond god who has a great personality and is totally full of himself. Plus he's sexy and kick-ass. So I've come to the conclusion that if I can't find a blonde Shadowhunter sometime in my life that I am going to die alone. Thank you Jace for ruining my life. Clary keeps on growing on my as the series goes on. Even though she made some really stupid decisions in this book, I really like her strength, drive, and personality.



I can't wait for the last book. Seriously, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Ugh the suspense is killing me!!


4.5 stars

3 comments:

  1. I definitely like the second half of the series better than the first, and CoLS made me curious for the City of Heavenly Fire. Great review :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each book just got better and better! I am so ready for city of heavenly fire now!! A lot more Jace and Clary together in this book I think than the last ones, but also Simon and Isabelle and Magnus and Alec! We also meet Brother Zacharia (jem) love it!!

    Marlene Detierro (Indianapolis Local SEO)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really amazing share, i enjoyed reading your whole blog and i am convinced with your writing skills. Thanks for sharing this with us..
    spy omegle

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates