Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#26)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it. You just have to do is:
(1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

The Nightmare Garden, by Caitlin Kittredge

#1: "We struggled to our feet, and Dean went first along the narrow span of corridor that hadn't been blown away.  To the side was open air, and below I could see down at least four decks, sparks and escaping aether mingling to create tongues of short-lived blue fire amid the twisted wreckage."

#2: "My Weird came as intolerable pressure against my skull.  My vision skewed and filled with the glow of the aether lamps, but I pushed the pain back.  I grabbed the pressure and squeezed it out through my pores, my tear ducts, my nose and mouth, funneled the thing in my blood into the lock.  It popped open, dead bolt flying back so violently it bowed the iron of the door, which in turn swung back and hit the cell wall with a sound like a gong."

What's your teaser this Tuesday?
Link me up!

2 comments:

  1. Great Teasers, especially the 2nd! I love this cover! Gorgeous! I hope you'll stop by my TT
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book in this series on my shelf, thanks to an amazing blogging friend, but I haven't managed to find the time to read it yet. I need to get on that so I can read this one, too! :P Great teasers!

    Here’s my Throne of Glass teaser. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates