Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review: Magic Study

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Study #2
Pages: 443
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5

Summery:
A lesson in loyalty--a master class in intrigue.

So far, I've managed to survive.  You would think after being kidnapped as a child, imprisoned in my teens and  released to become a poison taster, I would have endured enough.  But no.
But no.  The discovery of my magical abilities--powers forbidden in Ixia--has resulted in an execution order.  My only chance is to flee to Sitia, my long-lost birthplace

But Sitia in unfamiliar.  I'm treated like an enemy--even by my own brother.  Plus I can't control  my powers.  I want to learn about my magic, but there isn't time.  A rogue magician has emerged and I'm targeted as his next victim.

Review:
It is really hard to write a good and long review for a good book because you can't go on and on about how this main character was a wimp or that cute guy wasn't cute at all.  So, this is going to be a very short, probably not very good review. :P

I love this story line!!  I just love it.  It is so amazing, and so complex.  I don't know how Snyder gets Yelena out of all these positions she's in.  First she was poisoned, now someone's after her.  I just mean, WOW.
I LOVE VALEK!!  I LOVE VALEK, I LOVE VALEK!!  He is SOOO sexy and cool and nice.  Why can't I have a sweet ninja for a boyfriend? :P

I love Kiki.  She made me laugh.  Everytime she saw Yelena she was just like "Apple?"  So funny.
I hate Ferde.  Hate, hate, hate him.  The little slime ball.
I didn't like Lief in the beginning, but he got a little better as I read.  But I'm still not a huge fan of him.
I love Ari, I love Janco, they're so funny.
And, last but not least, I love Yelena.  I love that she's a powerful magician, that she can take care of herself, has all these concealed weapons and knows how to use them.  She's the perfect main character for this book, and the other books in the series.

I own Fire Study, so instead of wasting time ranting over Valek, I'm going to go grab my copy and finish this amazing series once and for all!  Which I'm a little sad about because I won't have more books to read.  But I own the series, so I guess it's okay. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates