Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review: Fire Study

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Study #3
Pages: 441
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Now the apprenticeship is over--
Now the real test has begun.

When word that Yelena is a Soulfinder--able to capture and release souls--spreads like wildfire, people grow uneasy.  Already Yelena's unusual abilities and past have set her apart.  As the Council debates Yelena's fate, she recieves a disturbing message: a plot is rising against her homeland, led by a murderous sorcerer she has defeated before...

Honor sets Yelena on a path that will test the limits of her skills, and the hope of reuniting with her beloved spurs her onward.  Her journey is fraught with allies, enemies, lovers and would-be assassins, each of questionable loyalty.  Yelena will have but one chance to prove herself--and save the land she holds dear.

Review:
Wow.  That's all I can say.  Wow.  I have mixed feelings about this book.  On the one hand, I'm sad.  Sad because this is the final book in this AMAZING series.  And happy, because I was given the privilege of reading this amazing series.

I love, love, love the plot.  Every time, Maria V. Snyder comes up with a new, exciting plot and wows me again and again.  And this time Yelena was in even more trouble than usual.  I loved the twists and turns, the battles, the action, the magic, everything.

I love Yelena.  She's strong, fearless, and she can take care of herself.
I love Valek.  He's so sexy.
I like Cahil and teensy-tiny bit more, but I still hate him.

All in all, this is one really bad review for a really good book.  This review does not do the book justice, so if you decide to read a book based on a review, ignore mine.  Words just can't express how much I love this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates