Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Starcrossed

Book: Starcrossed
Author: Josephine Angelini
Pages: 487
Series: Starcrossed #1
Publish Date: May 31, 2011
Rating: 1/5
Cover Rating: 4/5
Add this book to your to-read shelf on Goodreads

Summery:
Heleen Hamilton has always tried to hide how different she is-no easy feat on an island as small as Nantucket, and only getting harder as she finds herself haunted by hallucinations and vivid nightmares.  It's not until she crosses paths with Lucas Delos at school that Helen's true heritage is finally revealed.  Yet even as Lucas helps her awaken her startling powers, they can never be together-not unless they can break free from the tragic destiny the Three Fates have in store...

Review:
To be perfectly honest, I was disappointed. It was a pretty good story line, but reminded me of the Twilight Saga, which I'm not crazy about. The writing was choppy and disconnected, and there wasn't any building to the story. There was no foreboding comments, no climax leading up to an event, it was just sudden and unexpected, and not in a good way.

I didn't like--or understand--how Helen and Lucas were one second trying to kill each other and the next deeply in love. Lucas is, however, completely swoon-worthy. He sounds so cute and like the perfect guy.

I didn't like the fact that Lucas and Helen could fly.  It was a little over the top.  I did, however, like that Helen was a powerful character, and I loved the lightning.
Although I like the cover, I don't like the content, and I'm really sorry I don't becuase a cover like that just has to have a great book inside it.  I really hope that Josephine Angelini does better with the next book.

OTHER COVER EDITIONS: 

Rating: 5/5
















What do you think about the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates