Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#32): Rift

This is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlites upcoming new releases that we're highly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Rift, by Andrea Cremer

Release Date: August 7, 2012
Publisher: Philomel

Chronicling the rise of the Keepers, this is the stunning prequel to Andrea Cremer's internationally bestselling Nightshade trilogy!

Sixteen-year-old Ember Morrow is promised to a group called Conatus after one of their healers saves her mother's life. Once she arrives, Ember finds joy in wielding swords, learning magic, and fighting the encroaching darkness loose in the world. She also finds herself falling in love with her mentor, the dashing, brooding, and powerful Barrow Hess. When the knights realize Eira, one of their leaders, is dabbling in dark magic, Ember and Barrow must choose whether to follow Eira into the nether realm or to pledge their lives to destroying her and her kind.

With action, adventure, magic, and tantalizing sensuality, this book is as fast-paced and breathtaking as the Nightshade novels.

What are you waiting on?
Link me up!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds good! I haven't got round to reading the Nightshade trilogy, but they are sitting on my shelf. This prequel sounds like you don't need to have read them first though, so will be sure to check it out.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds totally kick-ass and awesome!! I haven't read the Nightshade trilogy yet *hangs head in shame* but it sounds amazing, and I've heard so many great things about it. It's definitely on my TBR list! Great choice, Emily! Thanks for stopping by my WoW Hun! <3

    xox
    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'm gonna read this one or not. I haven't read Bloodrose yet b/c peeps on GR spoiled the ending for me. Grrr. But I was already disappointed with Wolfsbane at that point, anyway...

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's horrible! I hate it when that happens :(
      All you want to do is see what another person thought of a book and they go and put spoilers in their reviews and it ruins it for you. That is so unfair! That's why I don't read reviews on GR unless I've read the book.

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. YES!!! this is also a book that I cannot wait to read. I loved this series.
    Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind! I haven't even read her first series o_O I obviously need to get my rear in gear! But this one sounds fantastic! And that curly knife (?) is totally legit! Awesome pick! thanks for stopping by!!

    All the best ♥
    Mackenzie @ Oh, For the Love of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Nightshade. I've owned it for a while now. This prequel looks like it's gonna be really good and I lovee the cover. Thanks for sharing & stopping by my blog :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with Jennifer, I have the series but have not started it yet...

    Here is my Wow

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates