Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#31): Cold Fury

This is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlites upcoming new releases that we're highly anticipating.
This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Cold Fury, by T.M. Geoglein

Release Date: July 24, 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

What are you waiting on?
Link me up!!

6 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this one around, but it definitely sounds interesting! I'm newish to mob-type stories, but I really enjoyed The Curse Workers series, so I'm sure I'd like this one. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one either, but it looks great!!

    New follower here!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this before! Just added it on Goodreads :) It sounds really good! Hope your enjoying Darkness before Dawn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover girl looks very kick-ass! this is so going into my TBR pile! Awesome pick!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cover is amazing! Quite a different plot, seems pretty good. Good choice and thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good!!! Very interesting plot. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates