Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#23)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it. You just have to do is:
(1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Broken Illusions, by Ellie James

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TEASERS WERE TAKEN FROM AN ARC OF THIS BOOK AND THEREFORE MIGHT NOT BE THE SAME AS IN THE FINISHED COPY***




#1: "I'd arrived in New Orleans with little more than my grandmother's Buick to my name. Prior to that I'd lived in jeans and T-shirts and hiking boots. I'd worn lip balm, not lip gloss, had never thought about mascara or straightening irons. I'd had no use for jewelry-or a cell phone."
#2: "The whispers came from all directions, swarming, making it impossible to discern one from the other. I spun around anyway and saw--he stood beyond the far drink station, as motionless as the statues, tall, shoulders wide, face hidden by a smooth, round mask. A hooded black robe concealed everything else." What's your teaser this Tuesday?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but it sounds intriguing! Great teasers!

    Thanks for stoppping by my Teaser Tuesday post. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates