Thursday, May 31, 2012

Still on My Mind (#1): Poison Study


Still on my Mind is a weekly meme hosted by Haley at .YA-Aholic where we feature a book that we read a while ago but can't stop thinking about because it was so good.


My pick this week:

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Study #1


Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison…

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear…


A while ago, one of my book-fanatic friends gave me this book to borrow and told me it was amazing.  I read it in like a day and was completely blown away.  This book was just amazing.  It had action, romance (I <3 Valek) and an extremely kick-ass female character.  This book is just so amazing, and seriously guys, if you haven't read it, YOU NEED TO NOW!  I don't just say this kind of stuff, this book is one of a kind.


What are you guys still thinking of?
Link me up!!

5 comments:

  1. Omg I've had this one on my shelf unread for like a year!!!! Eeep

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Giselle you HAVE to read it! Words cannot describe how amazing this book is! The characters, the plot, the writing, the romance, everything is perfect. YOU. MUST. READ. IT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I compare a lot of books to this one. I know other bookish friends who found this series wanting, but I LOVE it. I recently read Throne of Glass, and I think you would enjoy it since you love Poison Study as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Thanks for joining in Emily!!! (: I have the second book in this series, I really need to buy the first! ha It sounds amazing!! Action? Romance? AND a kick ass female character?!?! Sounds like my kinda book! (: Awesome awesome awesome choice hun!

    http://www.ya-aholic.com/2012/05/still-on-my-mind-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds SOOOO good!! I'll need to check it out!

    Thanks!

    And thank you for stopping by my SOMM! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates