Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#20)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it. You just have to do is:
(1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Fever, by Lauren DeStefano


1. "Gabriel stares back back at me, his eyes glassy, skin marbled and pale.  And suddenly I miss him so much that it hurts.  I miss his soft, unassuming warmth.  His hands around my face when he brought me in for our first kiss.  I know that I'm the one who took him from his element without preparing him first.  He opens his mouth to speak, and I'm filled with hope that his words will be something familiar, something warm."

2. "And farther down is the entryway to another tent that is veiled off by silk scarves trailing sickly sweet perfume, and something else.  Decay and sweat.  When Rose was dying, she concealed herself in powders and blush, but Jenna didn't, and as I cared for Jenna during those final days, I could see her sallow skin beginning to bruise, and then the bruises would sink down to the bones and fester.  It was a smell that haunted my dreams.  my sister wife rotting from the inside out."

 What is your teaser this Tuesday? Link me up!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates