Monday, March 12, 2012

Review: Darkness Becomes Her

Author: Kelly Keaton
Series: Gods & Monsters #1
Pages: 273
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is.
Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.
She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.
Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.

Review:

I have never read a book like this.  I have never read a book where there is this kind of combination of paranormal beings.  It's something different and I really enjoyed it.

The story line is amazing.  There was tons of action and fighting and it was high-energy the whole time.  It was fast passed and there was never a boring moment.  It was a great idea.  I have never seen Athena portrayed as the bad guy before and I really liked the different point of view.  Kelly Keaton really knows her mythology.  She tweaked it just enough to make it a really interesting read.  The writing was perfect and I laughed out loud several times.  And, like I said, I loved the combination of supernatural beings.

I LOVE SEBASTIAN!  *swoon* *swoon* *swoon*.  I absolutely loved him.  He was so sexy and sweet and caring.  The only thing I didn't like was the supernatural he was (I won't tell because it's kind of a spoiler).  I don't like those supernaturals in general.  It's just my opinion.
I love Ari.  She's pretty, kick-ass, and can totally handle herself.  I loved that she was a strong main character and I loved that she could take care of herself.

All in all, a really good book, and I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates