Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#15)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Ripple, by Mandy Hubbard

#1: "Before I understand what I'm doing, I'm backing up, sliding my clothes off the branch behind me and retreating into the shadows.  He pulls his knees underneath him and kneels, still coughing, one hand gripping his stomach, the other sinking into the rocky, muddy shore."

#2: "My emotions rage, back and forth and up and down.  Sadness for losing Steven.  Happiness for sharing a conversation like this with Sienna.  Despair for knowing she'll never know why he really died.  Optimism about the idea that our friendship could be repaired.  Fear for what could happen if we really do become friends again, and I lose her.  I can't do it twice."

What's your teaser this Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates