Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: Ripple

Author: Mandy Hubbard
Pages: 260
Format: Hardcover
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. The water calls to her, draws her in, forces her to sing her deadly song to unsuspecting victims. If she succumbs, she kills. If she doesn't, the pain is unbearable. To keep herself and those she cares about safe, she shuts herself off, refusing to make friends or fall in love-again. Because the last time she fell in love with a boy, he ended up dead.
Then Lexi finds herself torn. Against her better judgement, she's opening up again, falling in love with someone new when she knows she shouldn't. But when she's offered the chance to finally live a normal life, she learns that the price she must pay to be free or her curse is giving him up.


Review:
I knew I was going to love this book after I read the summery.  I knew it was going to be amazing and the story line would be captivating.  And I was totally right. :p

I love this book.  Everything just works together perfectly: friends, boyfriends, her being a siren.  The story line was amazing, the writing was amazing, and the ending was amazing.  Hubbard wrote it like there was no way Lexi could break the curse and still keep Cole, but somehow she managed (I'm not going to tell how so don't ask :p).  It was a great idea from the beginning, and it was just perfect, well rounded book.

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love Cole.  He is the perfect boyfriend.  I adore him. *swoon*.  Totally, totally, totally swoon-worthy.  He's just so nice and caring and he really, really loves Lexi.
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Erik.  Words cannot describe how much I hate him.  The little slime-ball. ************ ***** * **** ***.  That's what I think of you.
I also really, really liked Sienna, and I'm so sad that things didn't work out between her and Lexi because I really, really wanted it to.

All in all, the best siren book I've ever read.  (Ok, so it's the only siren book I've read, but...still good. :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates