Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: A Demon Made Me Do It

Author: Penelope King
Series: Demonblood #1
Pages: 284
Format: Paperback
Source: Penelope King (Thanks so much!!)
Rating: 3.5/5

Summery:
Some girls share clothes, a bathroom, or a bedroom. Seventeen-year-old Liora Greyson has to share, too. Only she shares her body--with a demon.

Liora just wants to survive her final year of high school unscathed, her dark secret intact. But the walls she’s carefully constructed to keep people away crack wide open once she meets the sexy and mysterious Kieron, and he lights her world on fire. She can’t let him know she transforms into a demon named "Lucky" at nightfall—a demon with an entirely separate personality who passes out Torment, Justice, and Revenge like Halloween candy.

Turns out Kieron is the one who should be afraid once Lucky discovers his true identity and motivations. Liora wants to love him, but Lucky thinks he’s public enemy number one. And having a demon with a vendetta show up during a romantic date puts a serious crimp in any relationship.

Fighting your demons is one thing. Having one that fights back, messes with your guy, and leaves you with nasty hangovers is quite another.

Being bad has never been so good...


Review:
I don't usually go for demon/possession books, plus the semi-love-triangle thing going on, but I actually really enjoyed this one.

First off, it was a great idea.  You don't see books like these every day, and I really liked the different spin Penelope King put on the story line.  The writing was good, the story line was good, it was a solid book.  And I really liked that Penelope King mixed it up.  Like I said before, there was a semi love-triangle going on, but it wasn't the usual love triangle.  In the usual ones, it's two guys fighting over a girl.  In this one, it's two girls kind of fighting over a guy.

I really, really liked this cast of characters.  Lucky was kick-ass, Kieron was kind of hot, kind of creepy and two timing, and Liora was really, really nice.  I also really like Bones, and I hope Lucky ends up with him.

All in all, a pretty good book.  And I apologize for the short review, I'm feeling lazy today. :p

Huge thanks to Penelope King for sending me this book, plus the next one, Fire with Fire. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates