Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#14)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Dead Beautiful, by Yvonne Woon

#1: "Just before I turned, a file on her desk caught my eye.  It was a manila folder partially covered in papers.  It was labeled Dante Berlin.  I thought back to the day I'd met Eleanor, when she'd told me she'd asked her brother Brandon to check my file in the headmistresse's office.  Quickly, I glanced around the room, looking for a filing cabinet.  I didn't see one, though I knew it had to be there somewhere."

#2: "Mrs. Lynch's squat figure greeted me, her short hair making her look  more like a man than a dorm mother.  She looked me up and down.  I checked my outfit, making sure all of my buttons were buttoned and buckles snapped, worried she was going to reprimand me for being out of dress code."

What's your teaser this Tuesday?  Leave links. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates