Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: (#13)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

Destiny's Fire, by Trisha Wolfe

#1:  "A group of Shythe halted mid-conversation as we passed them in the hallway. Reese squeezed my hand. We had discussed that revealing our relationship was the right thing to do, but I still felt sick to my stomach as I imagined Jace running into us. I didn’t know how I’d handle that scenerio.  I pushed the thought away.  No matter what the Councils were up to, we still had to support their decision to end the prejudice against the races.  And we also figured by publicily supporting the Council's decision, we could get closer to them-and the truth.  As we pushed through the doors to the courtyard, I noticed downcast faces everywhere.  It wasn't our display that was upsetting people, though we did get some angry looks.  There was something going on."

#2: "I was finally enjoying myself, laughing with Lana as Nick attempted to a dance move that involved jumping over his leg and falling on his backside.  I felt flush, so I stepped off the floor and moved away from the steam pipes.  As I leaned against the wall, I spotted Reese walking in from the side entrance.  My insides knotted.  But instead of turning around and avoiding him like I'd done the night before, this time, I met his challenging gaze.  His eyes widened, flashing an intense red glow as they traced me.  His lips curled into a grin and he headed sraight for me."

What's your teaser this Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates