Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Destiny's Fire

Author: Trisha Wolfe
Source: Trisha Wolfe (thanks a million!!)
Rating: 4/5

Summery:
It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.

As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.

Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.


Review:
I usually don't like books with love triangles in them because it lowers my opinion of the main girl character, but in this book it really worked.

I really liked this book.  There was action from page one, beautiful writing, and, of course, the love triangle.  I usually despise books with love triangles in them, but it totally worked for this book.  However, if it had just been the love triangle and nothing else going on, I don't think I would have liked it half as much as I do, so a tip of the hat to Trisha Wolfe for writing it like that.

In the love triangle there are three people: Jace, Reese, and Dez.  Of the two guys, I honestly can't decide which I like best.
On one hand, Reese is super hot and totally swoon-worthy.  But it was like a sea-saw with him: I loved him, I hated his guts, I loved him.  Maybe that's why I like him so much though.
I also really like Jace.  He is also super hot but not as swoon worthy.  I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that he's like a slobbering guard dog when it comes to Dez, but he came across a little creepy.  I like him less than Reese, but it's still really close.
And, last but not least, I like Dez.   I didn't mind that she had two guys going at one time because she didn't go back and forth, back and forth between the two.  She picked one and stuck to him.  Mostly.  I won't give away too much because you have to read it.:p  I also liked that she was a strong female character and actually did something in the book.
This character isn't huge in this book, but I also like Lana.  She was so cool and supportive, I would totally love her as a BFF.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to see what Trisha Wolfe comes up with next.

Huge thanks to Trisha Wolfe for sending me a copy for review of this book.  It was totally awesome and I really appreciate it.  THANKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates