Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: Dead Beautiful

Author: Yvonne Woon
Series: Dead Beautiful #1
Pages: 455
Format: Paperback
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Renee Winters was a typical, sunny California girl until the day she discovered her parents in the redwood forest, dead in what appeared to be a bizarre double murder. Now her grandfather has sent her to Gottfried Academy, an old-fashioned, elite boarding school in rural Maine.
Soon Renee uncovers the school's dark secret: students have died in the exact same way as her parents, but none of the teachers will talk about it.
Most perplexing of all is the behavior of an elusive, devestatingly beautiful boy named Dante Berlin. He never speaks to anyone besides Renee, and seems by turns fascinated and unsettled by her. When they are together, Renee feels more alive than she ever has before.
Even as she falls in love, Renee realizes that being with Dante is dangerous. Possibly deadly. A future without him seems unthinkable. But is true love worth dying for?


Review:
I was kind of reluctant to read this book, but after finishing page one I knew I would never regret it.

Wow.  Just wow.  I honestly didn't think I'd like this book, but I love it.  It went right into the action on page one, it had a great story line that kept me guessing literally the whole way through, and amazing writing.  I was trying to figure out what would happen, what Dante was, but I just couldn't, and I love that.  The build-up to the climax was great, and I feel like a professor I know so much about Dante.  Woon just explained it so well.  And that ending. *swoon*  What an ending.

I really like Renee.  There was just something about her, spunk or something, that I really liked.  She was the one who kept at it and figured out about the murders, not someone else.  I think she was a really strong character and I really have nothing bad to say about her.
And then there's Dante. *swoon* Oh Dante.  That guy is smokin'.  I love him.  He's so sweet, unselfish, and nice.
I also like Eleanor too.  She's not huge in the book, but I like the way Woon wrote her.
And Renee's grandfather.  In the beginning I hated him, but he grew on me as the story progressed.

All in all, this is a truly amazing book, and I can't wait to read the next one, Life Eternal.

What do you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates