Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: (#10)



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can do it.  You just have to do is:
 (1): Grab your current read.
(2): Open it to a random page.
(3): Share 1 or 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.  BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!! 
(4): Make sure you also mention the author and title.

The Selection, by Kiera Cass


#1: "I rolled my eyes but obeyed.  I was glad Illea existed considering that this very land had nearly been turned to rubble, but these regulations were starting to make me feel like I was suffocating, like there were invisible chains keeping me down.  Laws about who you could love, forms about your virginity being intact; it was infuriating."

#2: "I was the first one to the airport, and I was beyond terrified.  The giddy excitement of the crowd had faded, and now I was faced with the horrific experience of flying.  I would be traveling with three other Selected girls, and I tried to get control of my nerves.  I really didn't want to have a panic attack in front of them."


What's your teaser this Tuesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates