Sunday, December 25, 2011

Review: Destined

Author: Jessie Harrell
Pages: 260
Format: ARC paperback
Source: Mae Day Publishing
Rating: 5/5
Summery:
When Psyche receives a prophecy gone horribly wrong, she learns that even the most beautiful girl in Greece can have a hideous future. Her fate? Fall in love with the one creature even the gods fear.

As she feels herself slipping closer into the arms of the prophecy, Psyche must choose between the terrifyingly tender touch she feels almost powerless to resist and the one constant she's come to expect out of life: you cannot escape what is destined.


Review:
Wow.  That's all I can say.  Wow.  I don't usually go for these kinds of books, but am I ever glad I read this one.

The plot was amazing.  I loved how Jessie Harrell managed to keep my attention throughout the whole book, even though there weren't many exciting events.  I loved that Harrell told the story from two points of view: Psyche and Eros's.  It worked perfectly, and she changed to views at just the right time so she kept the suspense up.  The book was so captivating, I honestly didn't want to stop reading it.  I didn't even want to go to bed at night, I just wanted to read all 24 hours of the day.  Also another thing I really liked was that she kept Pyche and Eros's relationship innocent.  I hate books were they do It every other night and I don't think I would have liked this book half as much as I do if they had done that.  I'm glad Harrell kept it to kissing and hugging. :P

I loved Psyche.  Although she was super-beautiful, she wasn't conceited and vain.  And I loved that she was strong enough to finish the tasks at the end of the book.
I also loved Eros.  In the beginning I thought he was a jerk, but he definitely grew on me, and I ended up really liking him.  He was so sweet to Psyche.

All in all, one of my favorite books.  EVER.  I can't wait to see the next book Jessie Harrell writes.

Huge thanks so Jessie Harrell and Mae Day Publishing for sending me this book to review.  And extra thanks to Jessie Harrell for signing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates