Saturday, December 31, 2011

Review: Deadly Cool

Author: Gemma Halliday
Series: Deadly Cool #1
Source: Gemma Halliday
Rating: 5/5

Summery:
Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool.

But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

Review:
Wow.  This book is amazing.  I absolutely love it!!  And I usually don't like murder/mystery books, but this is one I'll remember.

The story line is amazing.  The writing is amazing.  I LOVE THIS BOOK!!  I was hooked on page one and just couldn't stop reading.  And laughing.  This book is really funny, it ranks up there with Percy Jackson, which I found hilarious.  The one problem I had with the story line was the reason for the murders.  It's lame.  I mean, who would kill just to save her/his group's reputation.  I really with Gemma Halliday had come up with a better excuse than that.

I love Hartley.  She's smart, strong, and smart-ass (which I love because I'm like that :P)  She had the guts to investigate the murder and I loved the was Gemma Halliday portrayed her.
Although I don't like her as much as Hartley, I also like Sam.  She's funny and just as smart-ass as Hartley.
And, of course, there's always the boy.  I hate him.  Josh is a  slimeball, jerk, idiot, ****************  (I'm censoring like Sam :P).
OK, so here's the other boy.  I love Chase.  He's cute, buff, and has the whole "Bad Boy" thing going for him.

All in all, this book is amazing and I can't wait to read the next one.

Huge thanks to Gemma Halliday for sending me a pdf version of this book.  Thanks you!!  And I might actually end up buying a paperback of this book because I love it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates