Monday, November 7, 2011

Review: Paranormalcy

Author: Kiersten White
Series: Paranormalcy #1
Pages: 335
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Rating: 4/5
Cover Rating: 3/5
Add this book to your to-read shelf on Goodreads
Summery:
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.



Review:
For a debut, Kiersten White did a very good job.  I loved the story line, loved the writing, loved the characters.

I usually don't like book with institution-like story lines, but it worked out for this book.  There were twists and turns and climaxes everywhere, and it was fast paced and funny throughout.

It's always important to have good, strong characters in a book, and I think Kiersten White did a great job in this area.  She made you fall in love with them, from mermaids, to supervisors, to werewolves, you found yourselves feeling for them.  And Lend--OH MY GOD DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!  Totally swoon-worthy, and he sounds like the sweetest guy ever.  Lish was so nice and sweet, and Raquel was the motherly figure Evie never had.  And Evie, I LOVE Evie.  She was funny, smart, care-free, cool, and didn't care what she said.  I love the cast in this book, it's one of the best.

The writing was connected and flowed without a hitch, and sometimes I couldn't even tell I was reading a book, I actually thought I was there.
I can't wait for the next books in this series, and I'm sure they'll be just as good.



What are your thoughts about this book?  Leave comments, I love them. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're reading this, you're thinking of commenting, which means something is on your mind. Share it! I want to hear what you have to say, and I would love it if you joined the discussion.

designed by Charming Templates